Wednesday, August 20, 2008

What's in a Name?

Coming up with a good blog title befuddled me. It raised all kinds of questions--how do I want people to view me? Should it have something to do with me being a mom of 3 boys? Should it somehow contain my love of writing and big huge dream to be a published children's author. Perhaps it should have something to do with the teacher-librarian side of me? Or, maybe it should focus on the fact that I'm an Island Girl now! Oh, and then there's the whole trying to lose weight and get in shape part of my life. . . .

What the heck do I want my blog to be about? And, does it have to have just one focus?

I chose the name "Cookie's Daughter" because for so many years, I felt that first and foremost I was my father's daughter. Who my dad was and what happened to him, and what his life was like really did shape who I am. I think it did, anyway. My sister might disagree. My husband might disagree. But for so many years I felt that I lived in the shadow of Him.

I'll write a little about my dad's story in my next entry.

No comments: